CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 16, 2010

ANYONE UP FOR A SWAP?

I know I uploaded this Recipe Card before but... I am hosting a 6x6 Recipe Card Swap for the 2010 year. Each month there will be a different theme. January is Main Dishes. You would create 6 of the same card, mail to me and in return get 5 different cards back. One goes to the host, me. These cards should be something you would be thrilled to receive in the mail yourself. They should be more than 1 layer, this card is 5, have some type of stamped image and embellish as you wish. Also include a small piece of paper or cardstock ( I like to print business card size) with the recipe for your recipe card. Meaning stamp set used, paper, ink, embellishments.... whatever you used to create your card.
Place in a resealable bag so they don't get wet during mailing then in proper sized envelope/box with proper postage attached. Please be sure to enclose a SASE for your return cards. Send and extra .17 stamp incase the return envelope weighs more then the one you send. Any unused postage will be returned to you with your cards each month.
This is a 12 month commitment however if you are joining late, that is ok. Check my blog for previous cards I have received last year doing a swap like this. It is so very exciting getting that envelope each month. We had 18 girls in the swap last year so each month I made 20 cards. I know that sounds like a lot but once you get that first one done, the rest go by in no time.
You might want to make 8 of them so you have 2 extra for yourself.
If you are wondering how to store/display these, you can buy 6x6 albums in a lot of craft stores or from places like Stampin Up. If you don't know of any Stampin Up demonstrators, contact me and I can provide you with the proper info. No, I am not a demo, maybe some day.
Also, if you check out www.Splitcoaststampers.com and do a search for recipe pages, you can get lots of ideas. There is so, so much talent on that sight.
If you would like to join the swap, please contact me at JrnyFanIAm@aol.com
I will then provide you with mailing information and can answer any other questions you may have. Hope to hear from you.

No comments: