CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My 1st Cheesecake

I don't have a photo to share yet but I thought I would take a stab at a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake today. Fell in love with the picture on the front of a Taste of Home book. So I went and bought myself a springform pan and all ingredients. Whipped everything up and the batter looked so so nice. Stuck it in my water bath then into the oven. We sat down to eat supper while my creation was in the oven. I did set the timer so I had to get up often to go check it. I was afraid I would not be able to tell when it was done. I didn't want to use the toothpick or knife testing method cause I figured it would just form a large crack as the cheesecake was cooling as my Pumpkin Pie did this morning. So the timer finally went off. I went in to check it, first turning the timer off. It still looked like it was a little too wiggley. So I set the timer for 8 more minutes. Went in 8 minutes later to find that the oven had turned off somewhere along the line. I almost cried! I turned it back on and it did take a few minutes to pre-heat so it must have turned off a bit ago. So now what?!!!! Well, I guess we will see Thanksgiving Day if it is done or not. It was starting to brown on top so I had to take it out. It still seemed like it might not be set but I don't know that there was anything else I could do. Everything else seems ok with it. I let it cool and took the ring off. Nothing ran out the sides, guess that is a semi-good sign? I just can't wait to cut it. I think I may try dental floss for that. Hate the thought of tearing it apart with a knife. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Susan said...

when in doubt, before serving this to company, I hide & test it anyway; that way you'll know for sure, have a little sliver & settle your taste buds! good luck & H.T.from my home to yours.......