CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1st easel card











Well I started out with a Brazzil Red base. Not sure what brand the shimmery blue cardstock is but I embossed with Sizzix Christmas texturz plate, do wish it was embossed deeper. The bottom reindeer paper came from Michaels. Used my Spellbinders Label 1 for the reindeer which is from Inkadinkado set and stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue. I dazzled him with a Swarvski crystal for an eye and other gems on his bod. The 2 layer snowflake is from Martha Stewart punched on a DCWV green and also has a Swarvski red crystal. Watched Beate make a bow with the Crafters Companion, which I do not have yet but is on my wish list. Since I don't have one and wanted to do a bow like that, I kinda made my own with a piece of wood and some long nails. Spaced them out at 3" and that is how I got the bow. I wish I would have tied the piec that goes around the paper in with the bow but I didn't think about that until I had the bow done. And since I used wired ribbon, I was not taking it apart so I used jewel-it glue to to attach. Hopefully it stays. I used my Spellbinders scallop rectangle dies to make the stopper inside stamping my phrase with a misc stamp. Layered it on the DCWV green but wish I would have used red instead. I attached both rectangle and label cut outs with pop dots. I had already put glue dots on a snowflake button, which I was originally going to use for the stopper, so I found a place for that and attached a Swarvski red crystal to the center as well as more of the tiny crystals scattered on the inside. The overall size is 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" which was a mistake. I thought my envelopes were 6x6 but they are 6 1/2" x 6 1/2". Boy is that a bummer. So it is a little big but I stamped some snowflakes on it with the same color ink. I will have to work on making another one of these this weekend. Tomorrow is prep day. Wish me luck.




No comments: